Thursday, April 12, 2012

Year 3 - The Year that Green was King

This was perhaps my longest and most painful camp ever and deserves a post of its own because well, it's Krush's story <3

I had told myself that I wouldn't hunt him for all the grief I'd heard so much about but that only worked for so long.  I would later find myself in the Shozin Basin, camping for this newest obsession.  My guildies were busy with other things, my friends figured I was nuts as day in and day out I stalked the Basin.  Several times other hunters pulled their own pet out on me and with my rare addon screaming, I rushed over only to see them laugh and taunt as they flew off.  A rarer beast even spawned for me but obsessions aren't so easily satisfied.

And then... avert your eyes to the sadness as I came across my first real glance at the king.

Even the apes came to pay their last respects....

But sad stories can have a happy ending.  
A couple weeks later, as to which I've seen enough mammoth herds to last me a life time.  It was one of those late nights that you keep hoping, another hour, just one more hour.  What is it with rares and late nights?

At 4am, I got my wish.

All evening I had been alone when he spawned inches from me and what was worse, a ally flew down as well.  Fearing the worse, I took a deep breath, expecting the human to kill what I had been stalking for weeks now.  I watched as instead, the ally took a step back and I did not waste the silent go-ahead he had given me.  I did not even pause to screen-cap, firing off a stun, drinking my potions, hitting my protection and praying as my health steady went down.  The biggest pain with Krush is that he fears but the hunter-gods were with me, the seconds ticked down.  With a bow, the ally left me with my prize and I'm sure I woke the neighbors with my cheers.


My new companion (who later became Limeade).  Of course, what's a rare without bringing him back to the city to proudly show off.  He seemed to enjoy creeping up behind unsuspecting people and scaring the pixels out of them as well.

 
 

I took him everywhere, even met some other friends, ally and horde alike with a love of green pets.  Even got me drawing again and spawned a fair likeness of him.


He definitely enjoys my green obsession, often rolling his head around when I try to get a decent screen shot of the two of us.  Move already you green tard!  I do love this pixel dinosaur thou, still one of my favorites to this very day.


He also followed me right into the beginning of cata's opening and into its new worlds.  See, having a bright green dinosaur can be handy, never get lost in a crowd again :) 

 
  
Next stop, more green tames!

No comments:

Post a Comment